DCG ACQUISITIONS CLOSES MURRAY’S FORD LINCOLN, MURRAY’S HONDA, NOW PART OF SPITZER AUTOWORLD IN PENNSYLVANIA
Automotive Industry Leader Continues to Set the Pace in Securing Legacies
DCG Acquisitions, a Dave Cantin Group Company, has closed on the acquisition Murray’s Ford Lincoln and Murray’s Honda, purchased by Spitzer Autoworld in Pennsylvania. The closing is DCG’s latest this year, continuing the company’s 2021 record-setting pace of fostering automotive acquisitions.
George G. Spitzer founded Spitzer Auto in 1904 in Grafton, Ohio. Legendary automaker Henry Ford was so impressed by Spitzer’s reputation for reliability that he chose the company to sell his new Model T. Ford. Today, Alison and Andrew Spitzer are the fourth generation to lead the auto group.
Founder Harv Murray of the Murray’s Family of Dealerships established his company in 1968 in the Rockton, Ohio area when he purchased the Ford store, then McAninch Motors, with an investment of just $1,500. In 1981, the Honda store was added to the family business and in 1995, Freightliner/Western Star were acquired.